Here is a simple business truth:
No matter how many leads you get through the door, if you cannot convince them to BUY, it will not bring any benefit to you!
Welcome to your fourth Virtual Strategy Session, where we’ll address a critical aspect of getting more customers from your leads. And that is…
INCREASING YOUR CONVERSION RATE.
But first, a review. In our previous session, I provided you with 25 powerful idea-starters to help you bring more qualified leads to your door. Your assignment was to come up with at least three new campaigns or strategies for increasing lead flow. Did you do it?
If not, take some time NOW to get caught up before you move into today’s assignment!
Ready? Let’s keep going…
Here are three critical ways to increase your conversion rate by getting your potential customers interested:
1. Credibility, Credibility, Credibility. Before someone will hand over their hard-earned cash, they need to trust you. You can make compelling promise after compelling promise, but unless they believe you can really deliver, they will keep their wallets closed.
Credibility comes in subtle forms, so here are some simple things you can do to build trust-based relationships with your prospects and leads:
- Adopt a “giver” vs. “taker” stance by being as generous with your bonuses, service, and warranties as you can.
- Be honest about the actual price of your products and services – “sticker shock” is a nasty surprise that dramatically undermines your credibility.
- Train your salespeople to practice consultative selling instead of high-pressure tactics.
- Make sure your office space / storefront is as clean, attractive, and as inviting as possible.
- Adopt an appropriate dress code for your employees.
- Always do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.
Start doubling your business value TODAY.
Learn how to create an actionable plan for your future exit so you can be rewarded and secured in the next phase of your life.
2. Harness the Power of Social Proof. Another profound way to increase your credibility is by showing your prospects that real people just like them have already received tremendous benefit by doing business with your company.
Always ask customers for testimonials once they complete a transaction. Then, display those testimonials everywhere – on your wall, website, business cards, brochures, posters, flyers, ads, and direct mail pieces. Make it clear that your prospects can legitimately expect to succeed with you, because you have a proven track record of helping others in their exact situation.
3. ASK. I am always shocked at how wishy-washy some salespeople and business owners are at actually ASKING for their prospects’ business. Remember: You can’t get what you don’t ask for, so don’t be passive. Proactively ASK for what you want. Write simple scripts so you can be direct and confident. Practice your scripts with co-workers and friends. If you have sales staff, hold training sessions with them that focus exclusively on asking for the sale. You will be surprised at how much this simple adjustment can dramatically improve your results!
Identify an area of weakness in each of the three categories above and make a goal to improve it, in order to increase your conversion rate. If you’d like help, be sure to reach out to me. Call me direct at 506 872 2900, send me an email, or or CLICK HERE to book a FREE 30-minute appointment.
Next time, we will explore powerful strategies for increasing your average revenue per customer!
about how to implement my 18 proven strategies and double the value of your business.
Leave a comment